Wireless: Manually Connect to eduroam (Windows 8.1)
Before proceeding, make sure you have the latest Service Packs and Windows updates installed. Also make sure your wireless adapter has the latest drivers installed. If your computer has a built-in wireless adapter, download the latest drivers from the computer manufacturer's website. If you have an external wireless adapter, download the latest drivers from the adapter manufacturer's website. Information on Deleting a Wireless Network found here.
Manually Connect to eduroam
1. Right click on the "wireless signal" icon, located at the bottom right hand side of your screen.
2. Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
3. Select Set up a new connection or network.
4. Select Manually connect to a wireless network, and click Next.
5. Fill in the following wireless network settings for eduroam:
- Network Name: eduroam
- Security Type: WPA-2 Enterprise
- Encryption Type: AES Encryption
- Security Key: Leave this Blank
- Start this Connection Automatically: CHECK This Box
- Connect even if the Network is NOT Broadcasting: UNCHECK This Box
6. Click Change connection settings.
7. Click on the Security tab and then Settings.
8. Check the boxes that say AddTrust External CA root, and scroll down to find GTE CyberTrust Global Root. Click Ok.
9. Click on the "wireless signal" icon, located at the bottom right hand side of your screen.
10. Select eduroam. Login with your PAWS ID & PAWS Password.
- If you do not enter your PAWS credentials in the form <PAWS ID>@lsu.edu, you WILL receive an error message.
11. You are now Successfully Connected to the LSU eduroam secure wireless network.
10/25/2016 2:40:47 PM