Connect to Wireless: LSU Overview
Available to: LSU Students, Faculty, Staff, Visitors who participate in eduroam, and Sponsored Guests.
Available Wireless Networks that are Broadcasted on the LSU Campus:
- The wireless network that provides secure connectivity to LSU students, faculty, staff, and visitors from eduroam participating institutions.
- eduroam for LSU users requires authentication to be entered in the form of <PAWS ID>@lsu.edu and your PAWS password.
- If you are having problems getting the logon box to display, you may need to Clear the Cached Credentials.
- eduroam Wireless: LSU Overview
- Provides information regarding wireless connectivity at LSU. Internet Access IS NOT available on this network.
- If you are unable to connect or need assistance, please contact the Help Desk at 225.578.3375.
- Personal assistance is also available at Middleton Library Information Commons Help Desk and Frey Computing Services Center Help Desk.
Connect to eduroam (Secure Wireless Network at LSU)
Option 1: Automatically Connect to Wireless
• Run XpressConnect Now
XpressConnect is supported on the following operating systems:
- Windows 8.1, Windows 7, & Windows Vista.
- Mac OS X Tiger (10.4), Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8), Mavericks (10.9), & Yosemite (10.10).
Option 2: Manually Connect to Wireless
• Windows Operating Systems:
Windows 8 Metro
• Mac OS X Operating Systems:
Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10)
Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)
Mac OS X Lion (10.7)
Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6)
Mac OS X Leopard (10.5)
Mac OS X Tiger (10.4) & Below
• Linux Operating Systems:
• Mobile Devices:
Mobile Devices: LSU Overview
Connect to lsuguest (Secure Wireless Network)
Guest access to the LSU wireless network is strictly for guests and requires guest account credentials, which can only be requested by LSU faculty and staff.
Configuration of secure wireless settings varies depending on the operating system and the type of wireless adapter. Below we provide the information necessary to configure your device to connect to eduroam. Since we cannot cover every OS instance, the basic information you may need to connect to eduroam is shown below.
- ESSID (Network Name): eduroam
- Network Type: Infrastructure (or Access Point)
- TCP/IP: DHCP
- EAP Type: PEAP
- Network Authentication: WPA2- Enterprise
- Data Encryption: AES
- Authentication Method/Protocol: MSCHAP-V2
- Inner EAP Type: EAP-MSCHAPv2
- Certificate Authority (CA): AddTrust External CA Root
- Your Wireless Adapter MUST have support for WPA2-Enterprise & MUST be Wi-Fi Certified.
- Your Wireless Adapter MUST support the following Wireless Standards & Bands:
- 802.11a/n (5GHz) & 802.11g/n (2.4GHz)
- For the best experience, your Wireless Adapter MUST Support 802.11a/n (5GHz).
- WPA2 comes in two flavors:
- WPA2-Personal & WPA2-Enterprise.
- It is important to make this distinction as the LSU Wireless Network will ONLY support the Enterprise Mode.
Linked from the following website: http://www1.law.lsu.edu/computingservices/wirelessnetwork/
2/20/2015 10:31:37 AM