Connect to Wireless: LSU Overview
The LSU wireless network is available to LSU students, faculty, staff, eduroam visitors and sponsored guests.
NOTE: If you are having problems getting the logon box to display, you may need to Clear the Cached Credentials.
When on the LSU campus, you will see three wireless networks broadcasted where available:
- The wireless network that provides secure connectivity to LSU students, faculty, staff, and visitors from eduroam participating institutions.
- eduroam for LSU users requires a username to be entered in the form of PAWSid@lsu.edu
- For more information, see the eduroam Wireless: LSU Overview.
- The wireless network provided for sponsored guests only.
- Provides information regarding wireless connectivity at LSU. Internet Access IS NOT available on this network.
- If you are unable to connect or need assistance, please contact the Help Desk at 225.578.3375.
- Personal assistance is also available at Middleton Library Information Commons Help Desk and Frey Computing Services Center Help Desk.
Connect to eduroam
OPTION 1: AUTOMATICALLY CONNECT TO WIRELESS
XpressConnect is supported on the following:
- Windows 7 & Windows Vista
- Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS X Leopard, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Lion, & Mac OS X Mountain Lion
OPTION 2: MANUALLY CONNECT TO WIRELESS
• Windows Operating Systems:
Windows 8.1 (Metro)
• Mac OS X Operating Systems:
Mac OS X Mountain Lion
Mac OS X Lion
Mac OS X Leopard
Mac OS X Snow Leopard
Mac OS X Tiger & Below
• Linux Operating Systems:
• Mobile Devices:
Mobile Devices: LSU Overview
Windows Phone 7
iPhone & iPod Touch
Connect to "lsuguest" (Secure Wireless Network)
Guest access to the LSU wireless network is strictly for guests and requires a sponsored account, which can only be requested by LSU faculty and staff.
Configuration of secure wireless settings varies depending on the operating system and the type of wireless adapter. Below we provide the information necessary to configure your device to connect to eduroam. Since we cannot cover every OS instance, the necessary information you may need to connect to eduroam is shown below.
11/3/2014 11:10:53 AM
ESSID (Network Name): eduroam
Network Type: Infrastructure (or Access Point)
EAP Type: PEAP
Network Authentication: WPA2
Data Encryption: AES
Authentication Method/Protocol: MSCHAP-V2
Inner EAP Type: EAP-MSCHAPv2
Certificate Authority (CA): AddTrust External CA Root
- Your wireless adapter must have support for WPA2-Enterprise & must be Wi-Fi certified.
- Your wireless adapter must support the following wireless standards & bands:
- 802.11a/n (5GHz) & 802.11g/n (2.4GHz)
- For the best experience, your adapter must support 802.11a/n (5GHz).
- WPA2 comes in two flavors: WPA2-Personal & WPA2-Enterprise.
- It is important to make this distinction as the LSU wireless network will only support the Enterprise mode.