If you are a visitor to LSU & your institution participates in eduroam:
- Log into the eduroam wireless network
- Use YOUR credentials from YOUR institution to log on to LSU's secure eduroam wireless network
Other visitors who need access to wireless while visiting the LSU campus:
Configure Your Wireless Adapter
These are the Basic Settings necessary to configure your wireless adapter to Connect to LSU's Secure Wireless Network.
1. For ESSID / Network Name, enter eduroam.
2. For Network Type, enter Infrastructure / Access Point.
3. For TCP/IP, enter DHCP.
4. For EAP Type, enter <Your institution's EAP type>.
5. For Network Authentication, enter WPA2.
6. For Data Encryption, enter AES.
7. For Auth Method/Protocol, enter <Your institution's Authentication Method>.
8. For Certificate Authority, enter <Your institution's Certificate Authority>.
Log into the eduroam Network
Use YOUR INSTITUTION'S CREDENTIALS. This is the Username & Password given to you from THE INSTITUTION THAT YOU ARE VISITING FROM.
* Required Format: username@realm / email@example.com
- Where realm is your institution's DNS Domain Name, often of the form institution.tld
- Where tld is the country code top-level domain.
Wireless Coverage & LSU Policies
Coverage on the LSU campus is extensive both across indoor and outdoor areas. View a Map of Wireless Access.
The LSU network is for the use of authorized users only. Policy statement PS06.55 (PS-107) Computer Users’ Privileges and Responsibilities describes all the guidelines and restrictions regarding any and all use of the University’s computing resources. As a user of the LSU network, you are bound by this policy. Please make sure that you read it and accept it.
As an eduroam host, we can only provide limited support. You must get as most assistance as possible from your home institution.
If you are having difficulties connecting:
- Call the ITS Help Desk at 225-578-3375 (578-DESK).
- Visit one of our Help Desk locations listed below.
Help Desk Contact Information
ITS Help Desk
*** Emergencies & Outages can still be reported 24/7. When the ITS Help Desk is closed, your call will be forwarded to the Network Operations Center (N.O.C.).
Fred Frey- Computing Services Center: (On the corner of S. Stadium & Tower Drive)
Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Information Commons Hours: (The I.C. is located in 141 Middleton Library)
www.lib.lsu.edu/about/hours under section "ITS Help Desk"
LSU Libraries Hours: (Includes Middleton, Special Collections - Hill, Education Resources, Government Documents, Interlibrary Loan, Music Resources & Research Help Desk)
*** The LSU Libraries are Closed on ALL of the HOME Football Games.