Wireless: Manually Connect to Eduroam (Windows 10)
Before proceeding, make sure you have the latest Service Packs and Windows updates installed. Also make sure your wireless adapter has the latest drivers installed. If your computer has a built-in wireless adapter, download the latest drivers from the computer manufacturer's website. If you have an external wireless adapter, download the latest drivers from the adapter manufacturer's website. Information on Deleting a Wireless Network found here.
Manually Connect to Eduroam
1. Right click on the wireless icon, located at the bottom right hand side of your screen and select Open Network and Sharing Center.
2. Select Set up a new connection or network.
3. Select Manually connect to a wireless network, and click Next.
4. Fill in the following wireless network settings for eduroam:
- Network Name: eduroam
- Security Type: WPA-2 Enterprise
- Encryption Type: AES Encryption
- Security Key: Leave this Blank
- Start this Connection Automatically: CHECK This Box
- Connect even if the Network is NOT Broadcasting: UNCHECK This Box
5. Click Change Connection Settings.
6. Switch to the Security tab and select Settings.
7. Check the boxes that say AddTrust External CA root and GTE CyberTrust Global Root. Click OK.
8. Click on the "wireless signal" icon, located at the bottom right hand side of your screen.
9. Select eduroam | Connect. Login with your PAWS ID & PAWS Password.
10. You are now successfully connected to the LSU eduroam secure wireless network.
8/1/2016 3:01:34 PM